House Selection – whites
125ml glass 175ml glass 250ml glass Bottle
1. Eagle’s Cliff Chenin Blanc – South Africa £2.95 £3.95 £5.75 £15.95
A superb, medal-winning crisp white with good apple fruit flavour from a small grower in the Breede River Valley.
2. Dry River Chardonnay – Australia £2.95 £3.95 £5.75 £15.95
A soft, easy-drinking unoaked white with good tropical fruit flavours made from the world’s greatest white grape.
3.Matra Hills Pinot Grigio – Hungary £3.75 £5.25 £6.75 £18.95
Classic clean dry white with typical greengage fruit flavours from the Veneto region of north-eastern Italy.
4. Sauvignon de Touraine Guy Alion – France £3.75 £5.25 £6.75 £18.95
Fantastic sauvignon with buckets of grapefruit flavours from a small producer from just outside Chenonceaux.
House Selection – rosé
5. Tree Valley Zinfandel – California £3.25 £4.75 £6.25 £16.95
A soft and deliciously drinkable rosé from the Worcester region that is dry but with excellent red berry fruit.
6. Pasquiers Rosé – France £3.75 £5.25 £6.75 £18.95
Pasquiers Grenache is a superb dry and crispt rosé with elegant strawberry fruit. Dangerously addictive!
House Selection – sparkling
7. Crémant de Bourgogne Rosé – per 125ml glass £5.25 £25.95
From Caves de Bailly, just outside the Champagne region, this dry fizz is as good and better than many rosé champagnes
New World – whites
8. Don Cristóbal 1492 Torrontés – Argentina £19.95
An attractive, dry Chilean white made from a fascinating variety of the Sauvignon grape with intense gooseberry fruit.
9. Mirror Lake Sauvignon Blanc – New Zealand £22.95
A hand crafted, high quality Sauvignon from one of the best vineyards in the world famous Marlborough region.
Old World – whites
10. Picpoul de Pinet ‘Duc de Morny’ – Languedoc – France £18.25
Fresh floral dry white from the award winning Cave de l’Ormarine in the south of France. Perfect with all fish.
11. Macon Blanc ‘Les Terres Secrètes’ – Burgundy – France £23.95
A classic elegant Chardonnay from southern Burgundy with delicate citrus flavours and refreshing finish.
12. Sancerre ‘Domaine les Godons’ – Loire – France £26.95
One of the world’s great dry whites with a delicious gooseberry and elderflower bouquet. From the Loire valley.
13. Chablis 1er Cru ‘Côte de Léchet’ – Burgundy – France £34.95
A clear, solid premier cru, showing finese, sublety and length across the palate and on the finish. Very good, classic example.
Highly recommended – Decanter Magazine October 2012
14. Viognier ‘La Petite Parcel’ – Languedoc – France £15.95
Rich fruit flavours of peach, apricot and pear dominate the senses. The wine remains balanced and textural, with a clean fresh finish.
House Selection – reds
125ml glass 175ml glass 250ml glass
15. Carta Vieja Merlot – Chile £2.95 £3.95 £5.75 £15.95
A delightful mellow red from the Maule valley with full blackcurranty flavour and a long smooth finish.
16. De Gras Pinot Noir Reserva – Chile £3.50 £5.00 £6.50 £17.95
A smooth South Australian red with delicious blackberry fruit flavours made from their greatest red grape.
17 Navajas Rioja – Spain £3.75 £5.25 £6.75 £18.95
A classic, unoaked Rioja from a small grower in the Rioja Alta with gentle vanilla and damson fruit flavours.
18. La Tour de Chollet ‘Cuvée Classique’ – France £3.75 £5.25 £6.75 £18.95
A 2012 vintage, this wine is a vibrant purple colour, with aromas of plum and spice with a smooth finish.
New World – reds
19. Finca La Niña Malbec – Argentina £17.95
From award winning Finca Flichman a wine full of rich black fruit flavours made from Argentina’s famous grape.
20. Trentham Estate Shiraz – Australia £24.95
Lightly oaked Pinot Noir dominated by red cherry flavours, gently spice and a hint of vanilla.
21. McGuigan’s Black Label Merlot – Australia £18.95
From the Hunter valley, this is a hugely popular, fruit-driven red with classic black fruit and cassis flavours.
22. Scotto ‘Old Vine’ Zinfandel – California £22.95
A delectable, opulent red that exudes rich blackcurrant fruit made on a family-owned estate in the Lodi valley.
Old World – reds
23. Barbera d’Asti – Ceppi Storici – Italy £19.95
A classic Tuscan red made from the noble Sangiovesi grape with smooth red berry fruit flavours on the palate
24. Domaine de la Brillane ‘Le B’ – Provence – France £18.95
Deliciously soft, organic Provence red with clean strawberry fruit made by inspirational English wine maker, Rupert Birch.
25. Marques de Murrieta Reserva – Spain £29.95
Benchmark Rioja Reserva from the top Castillo Ygay Estate, concentrated red berry fruit and smooth vanilla oak.
26. Chateau La Croix Romaine – Pomerol – France £32.95
Superb claret from the top Lalande-de-Pomerol region of Bordeaux. A wine of astonishing depth and complexity.
Sparkling Wines & Champagne
27. Crémant de Bourgogne Brut – France £25.95
Made from a blend of classic champagne varieties, this superb dry sparkler is made just outside the actual Champagne region.
28. Champagne Nominé Renard £34.95
Dry elegant Champagne from a medal-winning small grower, Claude Nominé, just south of Épernay. Wonderful
29. Champagne Nominé Renard Rosé £39.95
From the same grower, a supremely elegant, pale pink classic rosé Champagne.
30. Champagne Pol Roger ‘Special Cuvée’ Brut £56.95
Winston Churchill’s favourite champagne and the reception drink for last year’s Royal Wedding: Stunning champagne!